So, a couple weeks ago I talked about not being able to clean well. I truly can’t even remember how the discussion got started. That comment on here began a discussion between my mother and I on my Facebook page that resulted somehow in the idea that I should do a “Top Ten” list of things I’ve been taught to do, but don’t do well. How is that for a convoluted beginning to this list!
So, here are ten things that I know I’ve been taught to do. I just don’t do them well. Therefore, I rarely do them. Why do something if you don’t do it well.
1. Clean – primarily bathrooms. Terrible at it. Know my mama taught me at some point. It just didn’t stick.
2. Grill – My Sweetie has given me lessons. I’ve read books. The whole thing intimidates me. That is my Sweetie’s job. I don’t grill.
3. Fold Fitted Sheets – Can I hear an Amen! I don’t know how many times I’ve been shown via live person, video, magazine. It doesn’t matter. I cannot fold a fitted sheet well AT ALL!
4. Play golf – My grandpa tried to teach me. He was SO sweet about it. Ya, I’m terrible.
5. Keep on our budget – I keep trying. I really do. And, I’m better. It’s just REALLY hard.
6. Understand those account statements that come from financial people – They truly hurt my head. I do notice whether the total has gone up or down. So, that’s something.
7. Word Press – Oh, it overwhelms me. My Sweetie has tried to explain some stuff. I need to do so much to this here blog, but again, overwhelmed.
8. Apply makeup well – I’ve been to the mall where they show you while they do you up. I can NEVER get it to look that good again, even if I buy all the stuff. So sad really.
9. Fry food – Hot oil/grease. FREAKS me out. I’ve watched Paula Deen. I’ve read “The Joy of Cooking.” Still freaks me out.
10. Fix our house network – We apparently have a house network. With a router. It goes out sometimes. I do everything my Sweetie has told me to do. It doesn’t work. He comes home and looks at it. It’s fixed. SO AGGRAVATING!
I’m sure there are more. There has to be. These are just the ten that came to me in oh about 2 minutes. So ya, there’s more out there.
What are you not good at? It’s okay to admit it. We can’t be good at everything. Right?!
For more fun Top Ten Tuesday lists head on over to OhAmanda.com.