I’ve missed you all – my readers, my friends. I REALLY have missed you!
My sweet Katie went to be with Jesus on February 15th, just five days after my last post. I was able to serve her and her family in her final days and the week of insanity that followed. I was honored to write her obituary and give her eulogy – both incredibly difficult things to write. I was able to give ALL of my awesome to her and her family because of the amazing network of family and friends I had surrounding me. For that, I am eternally grateful. Thank you to everyone who blessed me during that time.
Now, I’m trying to get back into the swing of real life. I’m not over my grief. I don’t think it will ever totally leave me. I lost my best friend. It’s hard. I rejoice one minute that she is healed. I’m sad the next that she is gone. I’m mourning, which is healthy.
However, it’s time to blog again. I enjoy blogging. I REALLY do. So, I’m back! To get back in the groove, I thought I’d make a list of the ten things I’ve missed about blogging.
1. Writing – I write for my job, but it’s not the same as writing for me (and my readers).
2. Reading – When I blog, I read other blogs. I’ve been too busy to read much lately. I miss all my bloggy friends.
3. Link-ups – I LOVE linking up to Top Ten Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Things I Love Thursday. Those are so much fun. I’ve missed them.
4. Sharing pictures – One of the reasons I even started blogging in the first place was to share with family (originally) things that were going on in the House of Hills. I’m sure they are in need of a Princess pic. So, here’s one.
5. Sharing stories – Same as above, but stories… I’m sure you want to know the story behind that picture – right?
6. Sharing recipes – I’ve tried a couple of new recipes over the last few months that I’ve yet to share. I’m excited about doing that.
7. Sharing ways to serve – We love to serve at the House of Hills. And, we love to share what we do so you can do it too!
8. Your comments – I miss my comments. I love comments.
9. Dreaming – When I blog, I’m always thinking of ways I can help/serve my readers. I had been dreaming about some neat ideas. I want to start dreaming again.
10. My friends – My readers are my friends. Whether you comment or not. Whether I “know” you or not, you are my friends. You take a minute to peek at my life. You are interested in what I have to say. I’ve missed my friends.
There you have it friends. I’ve missed you. But, I’m back. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday at Ohamanda.
Glad you’re back!
So happy that you have returned to blogging! Love ya!
Thanks mom. And thanks for all your help during the craziness!
I’m so sorry about your friend. 🙁 Glad you were able to serve her and her family in their toughest time!
Thank you. It’s one day at a time, and I’m so thankful for all my time with her.
Kathy, I am sorry for your loss. I missed your posts yet understood your need to put your energy into the final days with Katie and her family and your family too. It’s good to see you back and I look forward to reading more from you. Blessings.
Thanks Cindy – missed you!
You’ve been on my mind, sweet lady. Love you and glad you’re back.
I can feel the goodness of your heart in this post, and I identify *so* much with the reasons you love blogging. I’m sorry for your recent loss, and pray you really do find comfort in coming back to something that fills your cup. 🙂