I will say that the fact that I was going to have to write this post this week helped me in SO MANY WAYS! Like seriously. I LOVE the whole accountability thing. I hope it’s helping some of you too.
If you don’t know what’s going on, I’ll fill you in. We’re having a little contest here at the House of Hills. We’re Losing It!
Here’s how it works…
- The contest is for 12 weeks. Today is the start of week 2 .
- You must write a post and link up for 9 of the 12 weeks to be considered participating. If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay! You just need to comment at least nine weeks to let us know how you’re doing.
- The participant who loses the largest percentage of weight at the end of the 12 weeks is the winner. You don’t have to tell us actual numbers, just the percentage.
The winner will receive:
- $30 Gift Card to Amazon to purchase something to help them on their weight loss journey.
- A copy of Cook This, Not That! Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals, a book I’m enjoying on my weight loss journey.
How did you do this week? I’ll go first.
My goals for this week were…
- Lose 3 pounds I lost 2 pounds. Slightly bummed, but that’s okay.
- Exercise 5 times (it’s a long weekend) I exercised 6 times! Whoop!
- Drink nothing but water and 1 glass of tea a day. I did pretty good on this one. I had nothing but water and tea, but sometimes too much tea.
- Log my calories into My Fitness Pal daily (and
try not todon’t go over) I DID log daily. I DID go over a couple of days, but never by more than 100 calories, which is HUGE for me.
All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the week. Do I wish I had lost more? Um, of course. But, the weight isn’t everything. Feeling better and being healthier is the REAL goal.
I’m already FEELING better. I’m sleeping better. My Crohn’s disease is better. I don’t know why I always let myself forget that I just FEEL better when I eat right and exercise. Why is that so hard? **sigh**
My goals for this week…
- Lose 2 pounds
- Exercise 6 times
- Drink nothing but water and 1 glass of tea a day
- Log my calories into My Fitness Pal daily (and DON’T go over)
- Encourage the #LosingIt11 gals better on Twitter
How did you do?
Did you miss joining up last week, but want to jump in this week? We’d love to have you.