Well friends, we are half way there!!! Half way through this Losing It! competition. Only six more weeks to go. Are you where you wanted to be half way through?
I am NOT!
I’ve lost some weight, but not half of the 15 pounds I’d hoped to lose during this competition. Not even close to those 7.5 pounds. That is rather disappointing.
However, the Losing It! challenge is not just about losing weight. It’s about getting healthier, taking better care of our bodies, and supporting our fellow losers. (Tee hee hee. You’re not “losers” – you’re losing it. Get it? Tee hee hee.)
As far as that directive goes, I’m definitely doing better. Much more exercise. Much more aware of how much water I’m drinking. Much more aware of what I’m eating. (Even when it’s bad.)
I (and you) still have time to push through and really work on the actual weight loss. I know for me that means eating less carbs and exercising more. I need to get my heart rate up for longer periods of time to actually burn more calories. I’m going to have to go the Y and get on a torture machine. **sigh**
What can you do to punch it up? Don’t lose your motivation!! This is a life change ladies. Let’s do it!
My goals for this week were…
- Lose 2 pounds Lost 1. Slow and steady….
- Exercise 6 times Only 4 again. Grrrr
- Drink nothing but water and 1 glass of tea a day This was good some days and bad others. Still no soda though.
- Log my calories into My Fitness Pal daily (and DON’T go over)NOT doing well with this at all.
- Encourage the #LosingIt11 gals better on Twitter This is so fun! Love seeing everyone give each other encouragement.
- Begin the day with prayer for help with my eating choices.Love my God.
So, how did you do? Link up so we can go cheer you on!
Congratulations on the loss. I am thankful for the Challenge – it helps me keep going cause I don’t want to be a quitter!
Yah for the loss!!! 🙂 I am having a rough week… either the numbers or the scale is lying! 🙁
I too am thankful for this challenge. Even though, at half way through, I’ve gained almost 5 lbs. It’s gotten me back exercising again and really thinking about what I’m eating. I always know I’ll have to report back here. And it’s been so nice to have a group of women who are going through the same thing and and care about how I’ve been doing in this area. You’re getting there, Kathy! Keep it up! Baby steps..