That’s how long I’ve been Mrs. Hill. I love being Mrs. Hill. For one thing, it’s much easier to spell than my maiden name. But, I truly love being Mrs. Hill because that means I’m married to Mr. Hill.
I’ve been thinking of how to tell my hubby what an honor and joy it is to be his wife. I thought about getting crafty and making a beautiful list or cards or something like that. But, Christmas crazy is in full swing around here, and ain’t nobody got time for crafty.
Note to those thinking December is an awesome time to get married. Yes, the church is decorated beautifully, but know you will almost never get to truly celebrate your anniversary during the month of December, especially once you have kids. It’s just too crazy. You have been warned.
Back to my dilemma. How do I let Mr. Hill know how much I love being Mrs. Hill? After much internal debate, I decided to make a list on the blog. We live our lives on social media anyway, so it’s the perfect spot!
10 Reasons Why I Love Being Mrs. Hill
1. I get to kiss Mr. Hill every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep.
2. I get to hear I’m beautiful and loved every day of my life both through word and deed.
3. I get to watch my amazing hubby be the perfect father to our little girl.
4. On cold nights, my sweetie will lay on my side of the bed while I finish my evening routine so it’s nice and toasty when I slide under the covers. (I don’t like to be cold at night!)
5. When I go out with Mr. Hill, every door is opened for me, and I am treated like I’m a lady and worthy of being served. (I actually fought this for awhile because I’m “independent.” Ladies, let your man treat you like the lady you are. You don’t have to do it yourself. Now, I expect a man to get the door, and am shocked when they don’t.)
6. My man believes in public displays of affection, and I love that it claims me to him and him to me when we’re out – or even at church. (I love the shocked looks when he kisses my bye in church. We’re married, people. Get over it.)
7. My love supports me in whatever I feel I’m called to do. He’s folded more Operation Christmas Child boxes than I can count, done graphic design work for my job, run to the grocery for the one thing I forgot when I’m making a meal for someone. Whatever I need, he’ll do.
8. Mr. Hill gives me kitchen equipment rather than flowers to show his love. (Flowers make me sneeze. Kitchen equipment makes me happy.)
9. My amazing man is not afraid to do the laundry. In fact, during peak rehearsal season, he’s the main laundry doer. Nothing is sexier than a stack of clean, folded towels.
10. Mr. Hill loves God more than me, and I think that is the thing I love most about Him. I will never forget our first time worshipping together (at 7:22 at Dunwoody Baptist). I watched this man I barely knew at the time worship loud and strong his love for his Savior, and I felt comfortable doing the same while holding his hand. I think I knew then that this was the man God had chosen for me. Our faith grew in leaps and bounds while we were dating and continues to be the center of our journey.
So babe, Happy Anniversary.
I love you even more today than I did last year and a whole lot more than the day we said “I do.” I can’t wait to do lots more years with you.
I can totally understand . Mr. Hills are easy to love! Happy Anniversary !
Mrs. Hill Too