Wow! 2011! How are you going to say it? Two Thousand and Eleven? Twenty – Eleven? I’m of the Twenty – Eleven crowd myself. However you are going to say it, the new year is upon us. I can remember as a kid thinking that this year was SO FAR away, but here we are.
I gave up New Year’s resolutions long ago. I broke them too soon. However, I am a big believe in goals. So, I wrote some down last year at the beginning of January. Let’s see how I did and if I need to add any to the list.
1. Save money on groceries. Hmmm… some weeks, but not all. This is something I need to do in 2011 FOR SURE!
2. Use cash envelopes for budgeting. Nope, didn’t do it. I’ve got the envelopes and the cash. We’re ready to start tomorrow. A definite for 2011.
3. Plan at least 3 couples getaways for the year. Didn’t get 3, but got 2. And actually, they were both stay-cations where the girl went away, and we had time to ourselves. We like those even better! Planning for the same 2 for 2011.
4. Read more leadership books. Didn’t do it. Should do it.
5. Read more personal development books. I read one. That’s better than none right?
6. More focused Mommy time. I would say that I did better at this until the fall. Then, it got kinda crazy around here. This is something that needs to continue to be a goal in 2011.
7. More focused time overall. This is one I did well in spurts. This takes focus and energy, and I don’t always have that. I am busy this weekend using FishMama’s Ebook to help me organize the household in hopes that this will get better in the new year. A FOR SURE goal for 2011.
8. Healthy Lifestyle. WHOOP! I have started this! Through the Losing It! community, I have lost 28 pounds, and plan to lose 28 more in 2011.
9. Continue blogging. WHOOP! This one I really nailed. And now, in 2011, I’ve got my own domain and everything. I am SO EXCITED to see what God does with this in 2011. I am attending Blissdom this month and Disney’s Social Media Moms Celebration in March. My goal the for 2011 is to grow the blog as big as God wants it to be!
10. Be the best that I can be for God and my family. I will say that there were some trial months this year. However, I leaned on my God and was strong for my family and friends. My goal for 2011 is to continue to Live, Love, and Serve with all the gifts God has given me.
11. I plan to read the Bible in 90 days starting Monday. Prayers appreciated on this one. This is a HUGE time commitment! I also know that what I read is going to challenge me. I’m really looking forward to it!
Whew! I think that’s plenty of goals. Don’t you? Looking toward 2011, I know we will be moving again, have busy times at work, have a girl who is entering her Tween years, and many, many more challenges. I know my God is right there with me, and I will looking for much guidance as we stumble down the path He has for us in the new year. I’m excited to share all the ups and downs with you!
My friends, what are your goals for 2011?