We’re buying a house…. in like a few weeks. Seriously, it’s insanity. We were approved for our loan today, all the paperwork is getting put in order, and we are going to be the proud owners of a brand new cottage.
That’s right… we’re buying a cottage. Not a big new house… a cottage. We are literally only purchasing the square footage that we use every day. There will be no extra space. There will be no wasted space. There will be just the space that we NEED.
Are we crazy? Maybe. But we don’t think so. We think we are being wise. Here’s why we are moving into a smaller house cottage.
1. We won’t have extra space to fill up with things we don’t need.
2. EVERY purchase will need to be thought through as to how it fits into our simplified life.
3. We will only be cleaning space that we actually use. No extra cleaning! Whoop!
4. Our utilities will be reduced. Even more so since our new home is an Earthcraft home.
5. We LOVE the neighborhood we’re moving to and are willing to live in a smaller space to be there.
6. The neighborhood is actually one of those that has shops, restaurants and offices in the front section and houses in the back. My office is in the front of the neighborhood. In fact, I can walk to work when it is nice. WALK TO WORK! That will save on some gas.
7. We want to teach our Princess better money habits than we ourselves have. We can do that by taking control and living more simply.
8. We will be closer to church and our church family. That is huge.
9. We will be closer to my Katie’s family, and will be able to play an active role in her children’s lives.
10. We firmly believe that God led us to this place. He lined up the cards/dominoes so perfectly that we are in awe. We can’t wait to see why He wants us there.
I am SO anxious to visit this new house – oops, cottage – of Hills.
Congratulations and good for you for making the smart decision many ppl ignore. Live simply and within your means will bring true happiness and less stress.
Enjoy your new house! May it always be filled with love and laughter.
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday: 04 04 11 | House of Hills
Pingback: Top Ten Tuesday: Hardest Things To Move | House of Hills
Pingback: Things I Love Thursday: Keys!!! | House of Hills
Whooo-hoooo! I want to see MORE PICTURES!
I’m going to take more this weekend. It’s BEAUTIFUL!