As you may have “heard” on Twitter and in reference here on the blog, I’m jumping into the Once A Month Mom Cook Off. I’m doing this for two reasons:
1. My freezer needs some meals – both for the family and for me to give away. I give away several meals a month to folks who need them.
2. There are prizes involved in this here competition. And, I’m competitive. VERY! As in, my husband and I don’t play card games because I hate to lose. That competitive. Did I mention there are prizes. The first place prize is a food processor. I SERIOUSLY NEED a food processor!!! The rest of the prizes ROCK too.
Even if I don’t win one of the prizes, the full freezer is its own win.
If you haven’t checked out OnceAMonthMom.com, you should. She is AMAZING! Every month, she creates a menu – complete with shopping lists and to-do lists – that you and a friend can do together. If you follow her plan exactly, two families are pretty much set for meals for a month. That would be if you follow it exactly.
I’m not following it exactly. For several reasons:
1. I have picky eaters in my house.
2. I like to cook alone – well, most of the time. This week for sure. It’s been a crazy week.
3. I’m on the Losing It! plan, and want to be VERY careful about what kinds of meals I put in the freezer. That means no casseroles.
That all being said. Here is my cooking plan with recipe links (OAMM=Recipes from this month’s OnceAMonthMom.com’s menu plan). You thought I’d never get to it didn’t you.
Cook Chicken – DONE!
Shred Chicken – DONE!
Cook Ground Beef
Crystal’s Lazy Granola (OAMM)
Pizza Crust (OAMM)
Pork Loin Marinade (OAMM from $5Dinners Cookbook)
Pork Chop Marinade – from The Big Cook Cookbook
Sloppy Joes – from The Big Cook Cookbook
Pizza Topping (OAMM)
Chicken Quesadillas (This is a jump off of a OAMM choice – I’m tweaking what she chose)
Banana Pancakes (OAMM)
Pingback: Once A Month Mom Cook Off: The Review « h o u s e o f h i l l s
Pingback: Works For Me Wednesday: Using Cups to Fill Freezer Bags « h o u s e o f h i l l s