So, I’m changing my lifestyle. Really trying to change my lifestyle. And, it’s working. I’m feeling better. Truly feeling better. During this time of change, there are things that I REALLY TRULY miss. I could dismiss them and try not to think about them. However, I’ve chosen to take this opportunity to list the ten things I miss the most. A remembrance of my past. Things that hopefully won’t be in my future (often anyway).
1. A brownie sundae from Ben & Jerry’s. I used to work at a Ben & Jerry’s so these are something I KNOW and LOVE. When we are near a B&J scoop shop, I like to treat myself to one of these, with mint chocolate chunk ice cream. Mmmmm… the memories. Thinking of eating one of them today makes me sick to my stomach.
SIDE NOTE: Today, Tuesday, is Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry’s. If you’re near a scoop shop, go get your free cone! I worked several Free Cone Days in my past. They are TONS of fun!
2. Diet Coke. I did an entire post on how much I love Diet Coke. It’s now been over a month since I’ve had any. I miss it every day. However, my stomach is SO much happier without it.
3. Big Breakfasts. I can eat some breakfast. Take me to an IHOP, and I can do some serious damage. Now, that would use up my entire day’s worth of calories. Not going to do it.
4. Eating whenever I feel like it. Since I’ve been counting calories, I’ve realized how much I just eat because I want to. It has nothing to do with being hungry. Interesting discovery. This has been a serious issue the last two days. The Princess is sick, and I’m mothering more than working, which for some reason makes me want to snack more.
5. Bread. Oh man do I miss bread. Seriously. Like that bread they serve at California Pizza Kitchen while you’re waiting for your meal. I love that bread. Now, that would take up too many calories. Not going to waste them on empty calories like bread. Rather save them for the protein in the salad and the salad dressing to make it yummy.
6. Brownies and cookies and cake. I used to consume one or more of these daily. I tried to have two bites of cake the other day. It made me sick. Craziness.
7. Butter on my popcorn. I’ve been eating a good bit of popcorn, but it’s all light. No greasy butter. I love the greasy butter. I like it to literally drip from my finger tips. I LOVE buttery popcorn. Now, I eat light popcorn. Not sure what I’m going to do the next time I go to the movie theater. That will be a struggle.
8. Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit. I’ve lived in Atlanta for the majority of my life. We do the Chick-fil-a drivethru habitually. Like ALL THE TIME. That’s 450 calories. Ummmm… ya, that’s too many for one meal.
9. Pizza/Calzone. They might be worth the calories actually. But, I’ve reduced my fat intake enough to know that eating them would HURT my stomach.
10. Snickers. I’ve actually considered eating one of these. It might be worth the calories. Not sure my stomach would be happy with me at this point with this one too. My stomach is really liking the good food.
There you have it. Ten things I’ve changed my lifestyle to NOT include. I’m not saying these are bad things. I’m saying they’re not good for ME. For one thing, I have digestive issues. For another, I’ve never been one to be able to just eat a little of something. You give me access to brownies, I’m going to eat a ton few. So, they just don’t need to be around me. Ironically, I’m still baking. I love baking. I’m just not eating any of it. This is something my coworkers are happy and frustrated with at the same time.
What would be the hardest thing for you to give up?
For more Top Ten Lists head over to OhAmanda.com.