So I finally did it. I finally investigated Pinterest.com. Yes, I know you are all shocked and amazed that I hadn’t investigated sooner, but I was avoiding yet another thing to suck in my time. What got me started? Well, my Sweetie did… when one of my friends said to me, “Judging by what he’s been pinning lately, he’s looking at shelving options.” What? My Sweetie is pinning? What? Of course, that totally made sense. He loves to surf the web looking for design ideas for both the store he manages and our home. Of course he’s pinning. Makes total sense.
Then, I of course had to go find what he’d pinned. Then, I saw what other people were pinning. Then, I had to pin. Of course.
I have started with a strategy. I have this MASSIVE list of bookmarks that is just labeled “recipes.” There is no rhyme or reason. They go all the way back to 2009. I obviously at one point thought I might want to make them, but who has time to go back and look at each link. So, I’m going through the list, pinning the ones that still hold interest, and deleting them from by bookmarks. I’m LOVING how pretty all those pictures look on my boards.
During this process, I’ve learned a few things about myself.
1. I have a thing for breakfast foods, specifically pancakes.
2. I will not keep a recipe if it doesn’t have a picture. Not only does it not “pin,” it doesn’t inspire. This is something I need to keep in mind when I post recipes.
4. I think about others when deciding what to cook/bake. I even started a board for “Possible Office Treats.”
5. I like being “re-pinned.” It’s like having someone say, “You were right. That’s cool.” I love to be right. (Just keeping it real.)
6. I have thought the same recipe was good enough to bookmark it two or three times. (This proves that the bookmarking things doesn’t work for me I think.)
7. I also have a thing for shrimp. I like shrimp…with a sauce…and pasta.
8. I could spend a serious amount of time clicking around on there… serious amounts of time.
9. I really miss my bloggy friends… the ones I got to meet at Blissdom… the ones I get to see every blue moon around here… the ones I’ve never met in person. I’m thankful for this opportunity to get to know them in a different way.
10. I wish I was a better photographer… I am NOT a good photographer…
Well, that’s what I learned going through the over 250 links that were in my recipes bookmark folder.
Yes, I clicked on each one.
Yes, many no longer existed.
Yes, it took me hours.
Yes, it was fun.
Yes, I am now addicted to Pinterest too.
Are you addicted? Come visit my boards.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.