Yes, this amazing goodness was on my counter. Yes, it was quickly consumed by my small group. Yes, it was AMAZING! If you have never made Buffalo Chicken Dip, you are seriously missing out. Seriously!
The beauty of Buffalo Chicken Dip is that you have all the yummy goodness that is wings without the bones. And, there are chips. You can dip chips into the yummy goodness making it awesome yummy goodness. You can dip celery as well, but the chips put it over the top.
In my opinion, there are a few things that make simple Buffalo Chicken Dip even better.
- Use real chicken. I’ve seen recipes where you can use canned chicken. It’s not the same. It’s not as good. Use actual chicken that you have cooked and then diced or shredded. Shredded actually does better than diced as a discovered when I made it this time.
- Use more chicken and cheese than the recipe actually calls for. Okay, this may actually only apply at the House of Hills, but whatever meat is called for in a dip, I always increase it. Same with cheese more is better right?
- Use a good quality blue cheese dressing. Some people use ranch dressing. I prefer blue cheese dressing. And, I discovered that Wishbone is better than the Kraft I usually use. Gotta love just buying what’s on sale. You discover the greatest things.
Okay… on to the recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds) – cooked and diced/shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) blue cheese dressing
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack or combination
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a 13 by 9 inch pan, combine the shredded chicken meat with the hot sauce , spreading the to form an even layer.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing, stirring until smooth and hot. Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with scoop Fritos and celery sticks.
Let me tell you. If you want to make a group of people (especially men) happy, serve this at your next gathering. People will worship the ground you walk on. They will praise your name.
Linked to Mouthwatering Monday.