Chicken Mandarin Salad
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken (I like to cook one in the crock pot or buy a rotisserie.)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced onion (I use Tastefully Simple Onion Onion.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup seedless grapes (I chop mine in fourths.)
- 11 oz can drained Mandarin oranges
- 2 oz pkg slivered almonds – toasted
Combine chicken, celery, lemon juice, onion, and salt.
Chill for several hours or over night.
Right before serving, add mayonnaise, grapes, oranges, and toasted almonds.
I typically serve this AMAZING chicken salad with mini-croissants. SO GOOD! Great meal for a warm summer day!
This looks so yummy. I am going to have to give it a try next time I’ve got a hankerin’ for chicken salad. I love your idea of cooking the chicken in the crock pot.