Happy Tuesday everyone! It’s time for the Top Ten. Not having any idea what to list today, I decided to copy what someone (and I’m so sorry I can’t remember who) did last week and tell you some about me. ‘Cause I’m sure you want to know ALL about me! So, in no particular order…
1. I was an Air Force brat in my younger years. I was made in Taiwan, born in Virginia, lived in Berlin, Germany for five years, and then moved to Nebraska. There are pictures of me as a little bitty in front of some pretty famous places. Cool huh? Unfortunately, they’re all in boxes so I can’t find one to scan. Bummer.
2. My parents divorced when I was eight. Back then, that was NOT the norm. We moved to Atlanta soon after. Been here or near ever since. I love Atlanta – except for the pollen and the smog. Other than that, it’s a great place to be!
3. The sibs! I have amazing sibs. I’ve got a biological brother and then was blessed with a step-sister and step-brother when my mom FINALLY decided to marry the guy she’d been dating FOREVER when I was eighteen. We ALWAYS took a picture together at every holiday in front of the front door. So, when we had professional pictures taken a couple of years ago, I insisted we get one in front of the door in our usual order. That’s me and Bubba (biological) on the right and my steps on the left. Yes, my brother is a FULL FOOT taller than me. **sigh**
4. I also have a half sister on my dad’s side. She lives in Alaska! Brrrrr. We’re friends on Facebook, and she talks about temperatures that I can’t even imagine being as I’m a sweet Georgia peach.
5. I met My Sweetie on the Internet. True Story. This was back before there were all those online dating services. This was God using AOL instant messenger. Ya, God can use the Internet. He can.
6. I have been to Disney World every year (except one I think) that I have been married. We went on our honeymoon and have been back almost every year since. I married a Disney FREAK!
7. I LOVE TO EAT! And thus have put on a few pounds over the years. Now, I’m trying to lose it, and it’s hard!!!
8. If you asked the Princess what my favorite thing is to do, she would say cook/bake. She’d be right.
9. My second favorite thing to do – read!!! I don’t get to do it enough, but it’s something I’m enjoying sharing with the Princess. I plan to start doing some book reviews on the blog soon. Looking forward to sharing my favorites with you.
10. I am the world’s worst housewife. I’m terrible at cleaning. TERRIBLE! So, I don’t do it. I pay someone. That’s horrible I know. But seriously, you can’t even tell I’ve cleaned a bathroom after I cleaned it. Worst housewife EVER!
So, now you know a bit more about me. Probably more than you ever wanted to. Anything surprise you?
For more Top Ten Tuesday go to OhAmanda.com. She’s had some good lists linked up lately.
I LOVE posts like this!! Yes, I learned lots of new things. And that’s a great Magic Kingdom Picture … beautiful family!!
Thanks! I have that same picture for every year of my child’s life. It’s awesome to look back through them.
My hubs and I met on the internet too! It was a Christian singles site and he was one of the first guys I “met” there. God does indeed use the internet!!
Are you on Twitter? I’ve gotten involved in the #Mamavation group for weightloss support. It’s for moms who want to get healthy (and shed pounds) so that we can be a better example for our families. This is the most successful I’ve been with weight loss because the support and encouragement is AMAZING! Let me know if you want more info!
There are more and more of us that met on the Internet. It used to be such a “wow” – like eleven years ago!! Thanks for the #mamavation tip!
I’m a reader, too. And if I had the money, I’d totally pay someone to clean my house – I’m HORRIBLE at it!
Glad I’m not the only one. Just didn’t get the cleaning gene.
I could not think of a top 10 today, and today was crazy, so I didn’t do one, but this is great. I may have to “blog lift” for next week. 🙂
Feel free as I “blog lifted” it from someone else. Tee hee
great ttt, kathy!
Love, love, love your picture with your siblings. So sweet.
Also, I’ll let you in on a little secret. You are not in the minority in paying someone else to clean your house. When I finally caved last year and got a service, just about everyone I know told me they have one too. So, apparently, it’s everyone’s dirty (or really clean) little secret.
Life’s too short to clean your own house, so just embrace it!
Loved the post!
I love the pic by the door. Ours is on the porch overlooking the front yard. It chronicles our life!
Great post, Kathy!!
How fun!! & I’m jealous that you can hire a housekeeper. I say if you’re good at it or not, doesn’t matter, if you can get someone else to do it for you you should!!
so nice getting to know you, must do a post like this I just love reading them 🙂
Pingback: Top Ten Tuesday: Most Popular TTT of 2010 « h o u s e o f h i l l s
Pingback: Ultimate Blog Party 2011 | House of Hills