I’m in sunny Florida (well, I think it’s sunny, I haven’t opened the hotel curtains yet), and I’ve already put in my 45 minutes on the treadmill. That’s right ladies! I got up, on my own, in a hotel, and got on the treadmill. I can honestly say that this is the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I’ve used a hotel fitness center. FIRST TIME!
The question becomes, what took me so long? I mean, I’m almost 39. That’s like twenty years of adulthood when I could have been taking better care of myself wasted. WASTED! But, no more. No more wasting my time. We’ve got a finite amount of time on this planet. Don’t WASTE it!
Can you see that I’ve gotten fired up again! Whoop! I AM going to get this body in shape (as old as it is). I am AM going to eat healthier. I AM going to be able to dance at my daughter’s wedding. I AM going to do this!
I got TOTALLY back on the Losing It! train this past Monday. Here’s what I’ve been doing this week…
- NO processed sugar (except for the two packets in my tea in the AM). This basically means no desserts, sweets, treats etc.
- Counting calories – Whatever goes in my mouth gets recorded (this is harder than you think)
- Tons of water – like up in the night to pee amounts of water
- Exercise EVERY day – I walked every day and twice did strength training on the machines at the Y
You want to know the end result of all that work. Just five days later, I ….
- Feel good again (Haven’t really felt good since the cruise)
- LOST FOUR POUNDS – this week! Now, that’s just because I shocked my body and started regulating everything again. I won’t get that big a drop next week. However, the best thing is I am now back to my pre-move weight. This is the lowest I’ve been on this journey.
So, all told, since I began Losing It! in February, I’ve lost a total of 28 pounds.
Even more exciting to me is that even after all the stress of this fall, it’s still off. Whoop! Whoop!
My new goal is to have an 8 in the middle of my weight by Thanksgiving. My over the top goal is to have lost a full 35 pounds by Thanksgiving. There’s something about being able to say, “Why thanks, yes, I’ve lost 35 pounds.” to all my relatives. It just sounds good doesn’t it?
So, how are you doing? Let’s get excited about this weight loss journey. What are you doing to improve your time here on the planet?
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…