After watching my Facebook and Twitter feed for the last twenty-four hours of all the parents lamenting the fact that they are “stuck” at home for another day with their children, I thought maybe we all needed to take a different perspective.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m ready to get back to the normal routine, especially since we just had Christmas break. I have a full-time job that I can do from anywhere. So, I’m working from home and having to balance the time with the family and the time with the computer.
However, what a gift this time is…truly. It’s as if God took a look at our crazy, insane, go go go lives, and said, “You all just need to pause and spend time together.” Then, He trapped us in our houses to make it happen.
Here are some ideas of things that you can do with your kids (young and old) today.
The pink ones are links.
1. Cuddle in bed and read a book.
2. Experiment with your leftover candy canes.
3. Make shakers with empty water bottles and beans/rice and have fun making different rhythms as you dance around the house.
4. Bake a batch of cookies for home or to deliver to a neighbor.
5. Clean out the toy box. Make it a game.
6. Make edible snowmen.
7. Play charades.
8. Have a drawing contest. Put a still life in the middle of the table and have everyone draw it from a different angle.
9. Act out your favorite fairy tale.
10. Have a dance party with your favorite tunes.
11. Make homemade playdough.
- 1 pkg koolaid
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
Those are just some ideas that spilled out this morning. I’m not sure what we’re going to do today. I know we are going to do some cleaning. And, then, we might make some goo. My Princess loves playing with goo…
What are you going to do today?