You know those days when you need to make an easy meal for a group, maybe it’s your Bible study group or friends to watch a game… those days when you want to just throw something in your crock pot and walk away.
Those days are PERFECT for Taco Soup.
- 2 lbs ground beef cooked (I tend to use a bit more)
- 2 cans Ranch Style beans
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can shoepeg corn
- 1 can Rotelle (I use original)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen diced onion (you could use fresh, but why?)
- 2 cups water
Throw it all in the crock pot. Stir. Turn it on low. Walk away for about two hours.
Alternately, you can put it in a pot on the stove and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips. I prefer Fritos, but then I LOVE Fritos.
A couple hints about making taco soup.
- You can throw frozen cooked ground beef in the crock pot with the other ingredients. Then just stir it a couple times as it cooks. So, that extra beef you cooked up the other day… Grab it and go!
- Taco Soup freezes REALLY well.
- You can make this a vegetarian meal by taking out the beef (duh) and adding in some additional beans like kidney beans and black beans. Mmmmm… beans.
- When you buy the ingredients for this meal, buy double the cans. You’re going to be making it again… and soon.
Do you have a variation of taco soup that you like to make? Do you have another favorite soup?
Pingback: 30 Day Give : Day 7 | House of Hills
Pingback: 30 Day Giving Challenge Day One 2012 | House of Hills